1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Media Results

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Khabs035, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Khabs035

Khabs035 Member

Hardware: NEC 1300A +/i, HP 200i
    Media: Memorex DVD-R(2x), Maxell DVD+RW, Sony DVD+R, FujiFilm DVD+R
    Players: Kenwood Player, Sony PS2, GPX

First I had a NEC 1300A +/- Drive and the Memorex DVD-R (2x) I used played in the PS2 and Kenwood... then I used a Sony DVD+R which only played in the PS. I decided to return the +/i Drive and just stick with the +. Since then I have burned movies with the Sony DVD+Rs which only play on the GPX and PS2, the Fuji discs also play only on the GPX and PS2, however for some odd reason the Maxell DVD+RW play only on the Kendwood but <b>do not</b> play on the PS2 or GPX.

I just think these DVD compatibility issues are funny... there really doesn't seem to be any pattern at all.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The patter could be in company connection. I have read that lots of japan stuff is compliant with some Japan companies, but not others. If you look into company history, i would not be shocked if one company pissed off and other and set it in the player code not to reconize there leadin`s. But I am speculating here. These types of media tests are good to know and I am glad you posted it. I have noticed that Toshiba and Maxell don`t get along. Toshiba burners and players don`t seem to work well if at all with Maxell media.