1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting news for slim ps2 swapmagic users.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ozzy1, Dec 11, 2004.

1. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

CustomPS2.com has brought us news on the NEXT solution for PSTwo SWAP users- namely their Ghost Switch! The set includes two pieces: a custom-molded plastic plug for the PSTwo rear lid sensor, and also a plastic switch clip for the front lid sensor... allowing users to play ALL of their LEGAL back-ups and Import games using the Swap Magic Discs with the simple flick of a switch!

It gets even better too... the entire Ghost Switch Set is available for Pre-Order here http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/prods/pstwo_gc.html (ships 12/16!) for only $7!

Finally, the Ghost Switch set matches the PSTwo (SCPH-700XX models) beautifully with a completely "Stealth" look, and installation should take under 1 minute as follows: Simply unscrew the top of your PSTwo, snap on the cap and click the switch into place, clip the peg off of the PSTwo lid underside, and replace the top cover- that's it! Oh, and enjoy your PS2 games!

2. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

Thanks ozzy,
    when it says unscrew top, does it mean undo everything, void warranty????

3. JRoland

JRoland Member

Yeah, unfortunately, you have to void the warranty :(

Then again, Sony tech support isn't the greatest.

My issue is with the third step:
    Clip the peg off your PS2 lid[/i}

I don't mind voiding my warranty, but I just don't want to have to break anything on my console either - no matter how small.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Ghost Switch a simplified FlipTop? I'm just waiting for some pics.

4. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

Well, I was in another forum and I guy said he used his warranty sticker as a hinge to open his PStwo, unlike the original chunky one, you dont have reset/eject stuff on one side and warranty on the other.

Because the switches are pressed by the lid, I can see how I could tape it from the outside, but only if the cd wouldn't touch it.

5. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

anyone get theirs yet? sounds easy to put in.

Atom

6. pittlife

pittlife Guest

I got the switch its basicly just two little pieces of plastic, I havent installed it yet cause Im not sure exactly what im supposed to click under the lid and where exactly the Im supposed to put the pieces to cover sensors. Can anyone help me out???

7. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

i ordered the ghost switch and also a flip cover. Not sure which I will use. I am disappointed that they could not include instructions for use. Very poor service. Also the web page doesn't have pictures or instructions. If the ghost clips are in all the time the game will not load other games after reset. That is why the switch mod and flip work. The ps2 wants the door open ( and the sensors to pick it up ). You can't permanently bypass the sensors unless you want to power down in between games. No big deal I guess. I have not received either option and they were ordered awhile ago. Crappy service as far as I am concerned.

Atom

8. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

i ordered the ghost switch and also a flip cover. Not sure which I will use. I am disappointed that they could not include instructions for use. Very poor service. Also the web page doesn't have pictures or instructions. If the ghost clips are in all the time the game will not load other games after reset. That is why the switch mod and flip work. The ps2 wants the door open ( and the sensors to pick it up ). You can't permanently bypass the sensors unless you want to power down in between games. No big deal I guess. I have not received either option and they were ordered awhile ago. Crappy service as far as I am concerned.

Atom

9. pittlife

pittlife Guest

Give them a call man. I recieved my ghost switch in 3 days. I called them the day after I orderd it to confirm the order. They did mess it up though cause I was supposed to get the Swap Magic disks too, but I called and the guy said hed send em. Heres the number(714) 835-8011. Also I put picks on PS2ownz of the switch. Too bad I havent been able to install em yet :(

10. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

installed easily and working. only problem was with the long wait. easy solution for people not wanting to solder.

Atom

11. digitalep

digitalep Guest

Does the top still shut even though you clipped the little peg?

12. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

That's one reason I haven't got a ghost switch, in fear that my pstwo becomes ghetto.

13. digitalep

digitalep Guest

indeed. ghetto PSTwo is a no go. i went ahead and ordered .. i will take some pics and put them up somewhere OTHER than PS2ownz for those who don't have accounts there and want to see pictures. (DONT HOST IMAGES THERE!) ... hopefully things go well. I will maybe do a lil review or something. Anywho ..... if anyone else has input, plz share.

hopefully crystalxbox guys get their tutorial up. because as of right now i have no clue how this might work.

14. consoler2

consoler2 Guest

lol ghetto. well i boguht from consolepoint before and i liked their service. They have the ghost switch fro 3.99. Is that a good price compared to other sites?

15. airhockey

airhockey Member

Got myself a ghost switch and the instruction page http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/install/ghostswitch.htm gives clear directions and pictures on how to install and use. I used the warranty sticker as a hinge so the warranty is still intact. The lid closes and latches fine when you clip the tab off. Have had no problems using the swap disks and all games have worked so far.