1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Problem With CD Covers...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Matt555, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 Member

Hey, been to this fourm MANY times, it has taught me EVERYTHING I know about DVD's and backing them up, this is the first time I post a question... But now I have a really weird question... I back up DVD's constantly, and when I do, I back them up and put them in a "THIN" clear dvd cases. Now, because these cases I use are thin, on the side of the DVD case, (where you usually see the name of the DVD) some of the writing runs off to the front of the DVD cover. What I want to be able to do, is select the center part of the DVD case, shrink it by 50%, then bring the other side right up next to it. This way i can print off the DVD cover with the center of it reduced 50% and it will actually look decent. Now, what I would like to know, is how I would go about doing this, and/or what programs will I require. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

2. lohman

lohman Member

I use the DVD cases also, but I use a software product called coverXP and print on single DVD cover inserts paper that is actual 'legal' 8.5" x 14" with tear down edges so they fit perfect in the DVD covers.

http://www.prolabel.com/dvd_case_inserts.htm

-lohman

3. ironhead1

ironhead1 Member

Hey Iohman, I would really appreciate knowing where you get that paper from, I assume you mean it has the tear down edges on it when you buy it?
    Thank you.

4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I use coverxp as well but Im cheap I run glossy photo paper and just cut them out myself, that tear stuff is not cheap. I also use a program made by fellows (MediaFace) can be bought at walmart or officmax. This will allow you to custimize cover to how ever you like it. shrink pictures down put text in any size ect,ect,ect.

Good Luck

Spacedust

5. Matt555

Matt555 Member

Ok, I use pub, and just save the page to the exact dimensions i need, but this is not what i am asking... I am asking how to reduce the center of the image itself.

|---[|]---|
    |---[|]---|
    |---[|]---|
    |---[|]---|

Lets say thats the cover I want to print (represents the page), the [|] in the middle is what i want to reduce. usually it will have the title of the movie there, running down the side. but because my cases on that part are skinny, the cover needs to be smaller too... so if i can reduce the actual IMAGE, in the middle. Any help would be great. Thx.

6. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I hope I am in the right forum. Frankly I'm lost.

but my questions is this. Can NeroExpress in addition to copying to a CD also list what is on that CD. I had Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator and it was able to do that. Actually it printed a Cover and on the back of the cover it listed the names of the files. Kinda neat I thought. I just didn't like Roxio

Thanks for any help offered

7. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member