1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intergrated Vid Card Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Dizzy46, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

Hi,

Ive just recently bought an MSI K9AGM2 with 690V chipset along with an Athlon 6000 dual core processor. I put the machine together and turned it on, It turns on ok and fans are spinning but my monitor remains in sleep mode.

I sent the motherboard back thinking a pin was loose in it and received the replacement board yesterday. I wired up the pc again and once again it turns on and the fans are spinning but my monitor remains in sleep mode.

I know for a fact that its not the monitor or the cable cause I'm using them both right now (on a different computer of course). My friend seems to think that the integrated vid card has been disabled in the bios. But i cant get into the bios considering my monitor wont turn on.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Paul

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's very rarely the case. What's probably the problem is that your system isn't booting at all. Is the 4 pin power connector for the CPU plugged in? Are all the cables securely attached?

3. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

Hi mate,

yeah they were all plugged in properly but i took them all out and plugged them back in just in case and still no luck

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Do you use more than one stick of memory? If so, try removing one and running the system. If still the same, put it back and try removing the other. You may have faulty RAM.

5. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

I gave that a go and it made no difference. I really dont think its a ram issue cause the computer dose not beep on startup. when i remove both sticks of ram however the computer beeps. Im starting to think Its processor related personally but I cant test that theory out cause i dont know anyone else with an am2 board.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, I suppose that's all that's left. Are there any IDE devices plugged into the system (DVD drives for example). If so, try removing those.

7. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

Is it possible that the motherboard and the processor are not compatible with each other? Cause I've just been on the amd website and looked up my processor and its compatible motherboards and mine wasnt on the list. In fact the last processor my motherboard is compatible with is the athlon 5200 64X2.

Trust me guys do NOT buy barebone packages off ebay unless u know exactly what ur paying 4

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah, quite possibly. The 6000 is a very high end CPU on the AM2 platform, so it probably isn't supported by all boards. I hadn't considered that one.