1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interlace problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ReeL12, Oct 31, 2003.

1. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

I'm using premiere to edit my videos and I also encode to MPEG2 also from there.
    Problem is interlace effect in computer displays when wacthing DVD:s I have made.
    I have always checked that no fields is checked in premiere when I'm exporting to MPEG. In videoDVD playr picture is offcourse fine.

How can I get rid off this problem?
    Should I maby try to deinterlace the source files before I even start editing?

I'm using firewire and DVcam.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If the DVD"s Play fine on your DVD Player then that is all that should matter...PC Monitors are not made to Display Interlaced Content because PC monitors Use Progressive Display so when viewing Interlaced material on a PC Monitor you see all of the Interlace artifacts unless you use a Proper Software DVD player that uses deinterlace filters to playback interlaced content properly...If you use a Deinterlace filter when rendering your Project it will get rid of the Interlace artifacts on your Monitor but it will give you a Blurry Image when played on your DVD Player so it is Best to leave it as it is...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  3. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

Hmm...
    I have been using PowerDVD and WinDVD for PC, and I cannot see this problem in commercial movie DVD:s (like matrix, chicken run, gladiator).
    It might be because those are shot on film (= no interlace), but the picture is perfect in TV also.