1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internal dvd/cd burner

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bpanther, Aug 15, 2011.

1. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

not sure if this is new but u have a dvd all in one burner and well one day the tray decides its not going to eject even with the emergency eject pushed in but if i take the whole casing off top and bottem the tray slides in and out very nicely replace the covers and all over again the tray will not eject hmmm?? well any ways i noticed when the cover is back on it has a plastic round disc in the top with a magnet to hold the cd in place after it is raised the the mechenisim that holds it there and spins it evenly aswell those to parts the mechenism and the top disc conect together holding the cd in place --well any way after long periods of use over the years the magnet gets really stong and will not release the mecchenism there for letting the tray eject just sits there and will not move so on the exterior cover i removed the circular top and removed the magnet from the disc and trya works but the cd inside shakes alot lol so i had replace the magnet and have the same problems so now i remove the top once again and place electrical tape in a washer form state and place it on the disk under the cover now the magnet releases the mechenism and tray releases does this make sence what can i do of this magnet?? is there a replacment? for less stronger one or a some sort of gasket needed so the 2 parts dont stick together magnetly??

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

get a new drive.

3. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

i did that aswell i now have a hp sata lightscribe all in one burner and its much faster but just thought i could fix my old one! any words on my last post about sata cables??

4. ddp

what "last post about sata cables??"?

5. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

i dont know the difference between red orange and blue sata cables right now im using both red sata cables for my hardrive and burner but i have orange ones aswell what seems to be the difference in all 3 colours red orange and blue???

6. ddp

all the same but supposedly the red's might be lower quality but never had a problem with them.