1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Connection Sharing HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by johnooo, Jul 25, 2011.

1. johnooo

johnooo Regular member

Hello,

Back in 2008 I use to connected my Xbox 360 to my PC upstairs via Ethernet cable. This allowed me to connected to Xbox Live using my PC's Wifi. At the time we used a Belkin wireless router.

2 years back we got Virgin 50mb internet in and they installed a D-Link Wireless Router. Ever since then we have been unable to enable ICS on any of are wireless laptops or computers. It did not bother us as I sold my 360.

But now I got a 360 in my room again. I also have a PS2 I would like to connect online. But I can't enable ICS on my PC. When ever I try to is say this:

An error occurred wile Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.

Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

Please help I really don't know what to do. I have searched google and can not really find a solution.

My 2 computers am trying to to enable ICS on are using Windows 7 Home Edition if that is of any help.

2. mulletinc

mulletinc Regular member

Are you trying to share the wireless connection or the LAN connection?

3. luigirez1

luigirez1 Member

It might be something with the settings in the router, I'm not sure what to tell you because I can't see the settings. Could you find the model number and version of the router so I can offer more assistance?