1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet doen't work in Ubuntu.

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by retskrad, Dec 28, 2008.

1. retskrad

retskrad Member

hmm a driver.. how am I suppose to do that if I can't connect to internet in ubutnu?

2. retskrad

retskrad Member

Don't be a p'ssy man, lend me a hand... what are this forum for? Helping others? F'k that... what n attitude.

3. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Attitude? I didn't start insulting people with n00b abbreviations for profanities. I don't think Linux is for you. Good luck, I think you're going to need it, but hey, keep it up with insulting people on here, I dare you.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

bah .. RTFM XD .. enjoy the wrath of our friendly moderator eh?

aye.. just managed to find somebody with the ear of the crew.. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  5. retskrad

retskrad Member

Wait a second... How did I insult people? I said you're not helping me instead you're like hey stop insulting people linux isnt for you so dont use it, wtf?

6. varnull

varnull Guest

well.. it's simple really.. is the hardware detected by the OS?.. if not then look up what it is.. lspci -v and google the driver or help for that device with n00buntu...

there is a prerequisite for using linux.. it's called a brain.. I suggest you ask Bill Gates for one huh?

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

retskrad - It's obvious Linux just isn't for you. I'd (stupidly) tried helping you to help yourself but you wouldn't have any of it. I just wish i'd have read some of the hot air and lack of content that is the 11 page 'thread' on the nubuntu forum, before responding to your post here.

8. retskrad

retskrad Member

You know what? I don't need you whining about Ubuntu is wack here, ok?

Thanks.

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

retskrad, just gave you a 2 week holiday from this site to do some home learning on your problem. clues were provided in this thread on how to resolve your problem so resolve it now!!

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Drat.. 2 days before my birthday as well...

Just a quick google would reveal the problems with n00b 8.10 .. in particular related to sound and network hardware.. the same kind of problems suse has since it became a M$ patsy OS.

REAL linux users cobble something together out of bits and pieces.. ubuntu is as I tell it.. ok for noobs to learn on.. hopeless for real users.... because it takes the decisions away and tries to make choices for you. (and half the time gets it wrong.. lmao)

cheers ddp.. I really didn't fancy going through linux networking 101 for beginners AGAIN XD

11. OzMick

OzMick Guest

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Cheers for the links, some comical yet quite disturbing posts there; it would seem that our friend isn't suited to computers at all. I don't normally say this but Windows sure is repsonsible for a lot of brains out there being turned to sludge.

13. varnull

varnull Guest

lol :: I even used my account over there to link it back here.. lmfao XD

They know what I think of their OS.. so I don't expect any comebacks except maybe some more giggles at the oh so retarded one.

School goes back next week.. TFFT :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008