1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet-dreambox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by deiseman, Oct 22, 2011.

1. deiseman

deiseman Member

if u have an account with vodabone for ur internet and its shet and they wont come and fix can u get another internet provider to replace them with out telling them

2. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

ur money ur choice if they are sh1t then dump them and if you are in contract with them just tell them you are not getting the speed that they said you would.all these isp are assholes and when you ring you get some nob from a call centre from the other side of the world on $1 month givin it large from the printed drivel sheet they have in front of them and half the time u cannot tell what the hell they are saying.just ask the asses to cancel then you get transfered to a uk call centre at least you can understand the sh1t they come out with.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. deiseman

deiseman Member

thanks but can i get another internet provider without telling them ,can another internet provider connect

4. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

yes you can have as many as you want so long as you pay the bill but if you are running a cs line then you must tell them you have changed isp cause they will think you are sharing the line and ban you cause new isp= a new ip address

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

best one to do is ring up v**gin and tell them your kv box is not gettin all the channels can they send someone to look at it LOL. dont do it any newbies only a joke!!

6. deiseman

deiseman Member

when the box came in the post i just connected it up and it worked i think it works on any internet .i dont know anything tech about the boxes dreamboxs that is

7. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

you have to be careful then because if you swap internet provider your ip address will change which means you will have no access to your csline and your box will only show freeview channels but if you dont know who you get your csline from then you are stuck cause you cannot inform them of your isp change. always best to buy your box and get yor own csline which start from 40 squid a year that way any changes you can inform them cause anymore than 1 ip address on a line usually gets the line banned.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

not true. cline is only associated with provider internet address. you can access it from anywhere under any ip address

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

How many threads have you got running on this subject?

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i used a meteor dongle glitched and froze,now gone to eircom smooth sailing now.

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

tried perlico, no fixed ip. went to eircom, they offered fixed ip address, sorted battery backup in case of power cut, works all the time these days so i get more time to whine on the forums