1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Explorer...HELP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dzdragon, Aug 14, 2004.

1. dzdragon

dzdragon Member

Can Someone Help me
    when i surf the web it install program that i dont want automatic...like (web bar, sidebar,powerscan, web stuff, and all kind of appicantion)
    i have firewall up

how do i fix this problems ?
    it so annoying
    my computer is getting slower

thank

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Download and install ad-aware (spyware remover) and or alternativley check add\remove programmes to see if there's an uninstall option for the relevant stuff in question.

3. dzdragon

dzdragon Member

i have already install Ad-Aware SE Professional and Advanced Uninstaller PRO 2004 on my computer before this happen

it didnt happen before
    i guess i reinstall and see what happen

4. Phys

Phys Member

Spybot Seek and destroy. Go on download.com and search for "spybot". Run it.. it will remove the powerscan, web bar and all shits. It's a free program.

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

May I suggest that you also try changing your browser to Mozilla Firefox. It hasn't given me any problems the day I installed it. I still use IE but the majority of it is Firefox.
    Give it a try, it won't hurt.
    Hoped this helped.

6. animedev

animedev Member

Switching your Browser is probably the best choice you can make, but if u want to get rid of the already installed spyware, get a program like Bullet Proof Soft: Syware/Adware Remover, and install it. Open it up and go to the BHO manager and select and remove the objects on your browswer that you do not want on them (such as Optimize, sidebar, etc) You can edit your boot up options to disable the programs from booting up, and then scan and delete them with BPSSR or any other suggested spyware removers.

7. CJC

CJC Regular member

Try using Ad-aware SE, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spysweeper, and Adware Away.

All available from Download.com

Also check to see what is running in the background by hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL

CJC