1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet lock out everyday at 9pm

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by crash64, Jun 16, 2007.

1. crash64

crash64 Guest

ok losing my mind, for the past month every night at 9pm my internet seems to go on lock down I can surf the web but cant do anything that needs to be logged into, EG MSN, yahoo, hotmail, facebook, and so on. I have dumped cookies, defraged, spyware scan, and a virus scan online with McAfee, PCpitstop, PCcillin, panda activescan,and also with my norton that I have installed on my computer(turned off while other scans are being run) all show nothing wrong. I have even checked perental controls.

I am completly baffaled as to whats going on anyone out there have any ideas as to whats going on.

Also I am unable to do a system restore or format.

2. colw

colw Active member

do you have a administrator account? if not somebody else may be controlling your access.

3. crash64

crash64 Guest

im on the admin account

4. britz660

britz660 Member

What is your network set up... what pieces of hardware are between you and the internet... look at each of their capabilities then and see if any have time based control features to block certain protocols or what not.

Just a little to vague

5. crash64

crash64 Guest

I thought it might have been that but since there is 2 other computers on the same wireless network they dont have a problem saying conectedto everything and or doing the same things that I am not able to

6. britz660

britz660 Member

maybe because the hardware isn't filtering their protocols.

why can't their be a rule set up that says

192.168.1.100 gets no traffic at 9 on ports xx,xxx,xxx,xx
    192.168.1.101 get everything

7. crash64

crash64 Guest

I did some testing tonight, I logged in off of an unknowen network in range and was able to do anything I wanted, so now I need to call my ISP and find out whats going on with it, cuz my brother is having the same problem on his laptop that he just bought yesterday.

However his other one dosnt seem to have any problem what so ever.