1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet On my XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DDRfreak, Nov 23, 2004.

1. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

Well im using Linkboks, which i really dont think is very good but if it gets me internt ill take it. I am having some problems. I cannot find a guide or tutoril on how to get my DNS settings to actually get it working on my XBOX. I am using a crossover cabe from my 1 NIC on my computer. I have a wireless adapter for my computer from a router downstairs, so i should be able to use this NIC card instead of using the method with 2 NIC's. I need help setting up my DNS. I dont know what to set it on on my EvoX or on my computer. If there is an easier or better XBOX internet browser i can get, please leave me a link, email it to me (TheExileMisfit@gmail.com), or instant message me (TheExileMisfit), or you can leave a post. I dont care. Thanks in advance for the help

2. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

I would like to add i have the latest EvoX and a X-B.I.T. Modchip. Running on Windows XP pro on my computer

3. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

someone please help me!

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I just use a hub,and leave the setting to use the evox settings.

5. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

Well, I would be doing that if i could. My router is downstair not by a TV and my XBOX is in my room upstairs so i need to do it with the crossover

6. TSuave

TSuave Member

you could always try the network setup wizard in xp and say that this computer has access tot the internet and other computers get to the internet thru this computer or wahatver that option is. and then make sure your xbox ip is dynamic and then reboot your cpu and turn your xbox on and it should have an ip given by the cpu and you cna set the dns and other settings from running ipconfig on your cpu.

7. DDRfreak

DDRfreak Member

thank i already got it to work. i shared my internet connect and configured my ips and gateways on my computer to connect to my XBOX LAN thanks

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

All you have to do is change your Evox settings to DHCP instead of Static...

Statis IP ----> NO