1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lvhawaii, May 11, 2007.

1. lvhawaii

lvhawaii Member

maybe not a problem but when i try the news channel the wii says downloading updates the i get unable to download updates, also for forecast channel the the forecast keeps coming up for about a month ago(the last time i tried the channel). i know the internet connection works since i can browse the net with the wii. where do i get the final version of opera as well, still got the trial version and unable to find final version

like is aiod maybe nmot a problem since i read the servers are being overloaded at nintendo, anyone else have this problem

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you installed a Modchip? If so did you turn off your WiiConnect 24 before doing this? Most reviews that I have seen said to do this because you could have connectivity problems if you do not. It seems to be due to taking the battery out.

Here is a guide on how to fix the problem...

http://saintjohnshawn.com/2007/04/22/so-you-modded-your-wii-and-now-cant-connect-to-the-internet

To get the updated Opera you need to go to the Shop channel to get the free download. I think it is free through June. Wait to do this untill you fix your WIIconnect 24 problem.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  3. lvhawaii

lvhawaii Member

thanx this worked perfect