1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intersting DMS4 Se problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mikemar42, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mikemar42

mikemar42 Member

I just installed my dms4 se lite and flashed the chip with toxic. The system works fine for the first boot. After i put it in standby and try to reboot it will not go any further i get the black screen. But when its powered on i can reset and launch games. It seems like i need to let the chip sit for 10 minutes before i can re-power the system from standby. Are there any alternate power spots for this chip ? Would that help ?

2. TonyDude

TonyDude Member

Hey man, I used to have a DMS4 Lite SE myself, I had the exact same problem... It has to do with your PS2 version. Just restart twice in a row and it should work fine.

3. mikemar42

mikemar42 Member

would a different chip be better ?

4. TonyDude

TonyDude Member

I'm not sure how it is with other chips... :( But since you have DMS4 Lite S.E. I would stick with that... that's IMHO the best chip on the market for PS2. Can you boot PS1 backups or do you have to do the swap trick? I was never able to boot PS1 backups with my DMS.

5. mikemar42

mikemar42 Member

i can boot everything fine psx ps2 dvd-r dvd+r and even shitty media. I have a version 15 ps2. I think I would go with a crystal chip if i was going to mod it again. So it's kind of normal it does this ? Is there any technical explanation ?

6. TonyDude

TonyDude Member

The guys that chipped my PS2 never gave me an explanation as to why one had to restart twice, they just said and I quote "it's just the way it is..." hehe ofcourse there has to be some kind of explanation though, I'll see if I can find anything ;-)