1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo and slow recording times????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Martice, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Martice

Martice Guest

I am in the process of using the trial version of Intervideo DVD Copy. I love the user interface but the overall recording process seems terribly slow. It took me about 1 hour and 45 mins to record and archive 2 Fast 2 Furious. I have heard that some finish their movies in about 40mins total. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a SN45G Shuttle PC with an AMD 2500+ (Barton) with a 120 GB hard drive. The recorder is the Sony 510A for reference purposes.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. kakstar

kakstar Member

it takes me about the same amount of time as you.

my PC p4 3Ghz 2gig ram (pioneer burner ao6 x 4)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Martice, total time depends on several factors. Length of movie, speed of system, also speed of your burner to name a few. When you see someone did a 40 min backup, more than likely it was movie only. No extras, menu or extra audio tracks. The more you take out, the faster you get done. Processor speed, ram, and burner all work together. Some just have a faster system. Hope this helps. Jerry

4. Martice

Martice Guest

I saw some recordable DVD blanks with a 4x speed rating. Could it be that my recording process is slower due to not having blanks that will allow faster recording times?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If your burner drive says it is 4x, and you use 4x media, it should help. But you have to see how they come out at 4x. Sometimes you get errors and freeze up and may have to revert back to 2x. This dvd backup stuff is a good bit trial and error at first. Once you get the right media, software and burner combination that works well for your situation, keep using it. Don't let the total time be the main factor. Jerry