1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intervideo DVD Copy 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by b5mac, Jun 21, 2004.

1. b5mac

b5mac Member

I'm trying to burn a dvd of another dvd that has been ripped to my hard drive. but when I try to select my burner as my target, I'm unable to do so. Why won't the program recognize my burner?

2. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

b5mac:
    What program are you useing, Or you just trying to drag files over?
    Shrink + Nero are my favorite!

3. b5mac

b5mac Member

I used shrink to rip the movie to my external hard drive. I selected the video_ts folder as the source, but am unable to select the burner as the target. Again, this is intervideo DVD Copy 2 Gold. Also, I have had success burning through shrink then decrypter, but I want to use DVD Copy. Thanks in advance for any help

4. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

b5mac:
    Is DVD Copy a burning program?(sorry not familiar with it)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI Neo-FIS2R
    512 Corsair XMS 3200
    36.7GB Raptor SATA
    Hitachi 80GB SATA
    Lite On 411s @ 811s
    SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  5. b5mac

b5mac Member

yes it is a burning program. you're supposed to be able to select your burner as the target and the program will burn your ripped dvd video_ts folder to the blank dvd.

6. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

7. b5mac

b5mac Member

Nah man, not a nero fan. I know this is the newbie forum but I need more help than advice on alternative programs. I appreciate the help but I'm really looking for an answer to what I thought would be an easy question for experienced users.

8. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Is your ASPI layer up to date, is your burner set to DMA and not to PIO mode,Also is your Firmware up to date? Is your burner the only thing on your IDE cable? If not is it Master or Slave?

9. b5mac

b5mac Member

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks. Please tell me how to check all of that stuff, please. Thanks again.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

b5mac, when you selct your burner in copy2,what message do you get exactly? Are you using the drop down menu or are you you using the browse mode? Also, did you rip the movie to HD with copy 2 using a ripping program like anydvd or did you use decrypter, etc.? you want to use the drop down menu for your target, then choose your burner.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  11. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Ok net went down in the middle of my damn post lol!
    ASPI
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...duct/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe&sess=no
    DMA
    Control Panel,System,Device Manager,IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, select your primary IDE go to advance tab and see if you are useing DMA.

The IDE cable that connects to your burner is anything on that cable too? If so the jumper on your burner must be set to Master, It can be a Slave but i have heard of problims with that