1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo DVD Copy Platinum

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by swaish, Jun 13, 2004.

1. swaish

swaish Guest

I just bought this software from a shop and found it wont do what I want it to do, copy my original DVD's onto DVD+-R & RW for use when I am using my portable player (I dont like taking my original disks out of the house).

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks

Andy

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

swaish,

I read that AnyDVD might not work with Intervideo DVD. If I remember your missing a ripper for copy protected material. In other threads they've mentioned using DVD Decrypter with Intervideo. Decrypter to rip and Intervideo DVD to compress and burn.

3. kbm

kbm Guest

Try DVD Shrink to rip and compress. Then burn with Intervideo.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

kbm,

I also read that DVD Shrink to rip and compress. Then burn with Intervideo(they actually threw in Decrypter also before shrink). Does Intervideo compress?

5. kbm

kbm Guest

Intervideo will compress once you have used Decrypter to rip to hard drive. Never done it before though.

6. ronjon

ronjon Member

Use DVD Shrink to rip to your H.D., then use "InterVideo DVD Copy 2 Platinum" to compress. Nero to burn it.

7. kbm

kbm Guest

Intervideo will Compress and Burn, no need to buy Nero if you already have InterVideo DVD Copy Platinum.

8. crinas

crinas Member

You can try using [bold]DVD Region-Free[/bold] with InterVideo DVD Copy, in my computer it works. You can find it here.
    http://www.dvdidle.com/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

flip, anydvd will work with intervideo dvdcopy2, or you can use decrypter. swaish, if you already have it you should use it, excellent quality and it is very fast, and easy to use. I'm curious as to what u are doing that it doesn't work. The only thing that compares is rebuilder/CCE or Pinnacle IC8, both are much slower.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

flip, anydvd will work with intervideo dvdcopy2, or you can use decrypter. swaish, if you already have it you should use it, excellent quality and it is very fast, and easy to use. I'm curious as to what u are doing that it doesn't work. The only thing that compares is rebuilder/CCE or Pinnacle IC8, both are much slower. Some people have to uncheck safe mode in anydvd to get it to work.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Anydvd works fine with intervideo DVDcopy, you have to open AnyDVD, select program and uncheck safe mode and it will work.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I guess you think with your new status they'll listen to you and not me huh? It's already gone to your head. I shoulda never pointed it out.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! You missed the part of unchecking safe mode and when you install anDVD safe mode is checked by default. DVDcopy2 and I believe Pinnacle instant copy (didn't buy that one LOL) both won't work with AnyDVD if safe mode is selected.

I'm going to hounded and harassed for a while aren't I?

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

uh uh uh read my post[bold]"Some people have to uncheck safe mode in anydvd to get it to work."[/bold]6/21-20:01 and yes you are.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! I stand to be corrected.

I guess it was me that missed your suggestion to uncheck it in safe mode.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I may copy and frame that post. lol I did buy it and for 25.00, what the hell, it is a great picture. It's the 80.00, (coulda bought 3 IC8's) that's killin' me. There goes my dual layer burner. sigh. You realize of course, once this takes off, and prices come down, all this software we have is antiquated. No need to compress or re-author if it all fits.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If it's an consolation I spend $40 on AnyDVD because of your influence and then I bought DVDremake which only works with a ripped file and I can't live without, so I barely use it.

True if it all fits with DL but its useless until the media can be had for a reasonable price which is going to take some time. By then compression may well be dated. I think that DL technology has the potential to be plgued with problems in its early stages and by the time it gets ironed out our Plextors will be worn out.

Also, remember there are new technologies on the horizon such as HD bluray which might leave dual layer a short lived reign before its obsolete because bluray can store over 20 gigs.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

OK, I feel better, let's call it even. I'm still gonna get that burner, I figure the discs will be about 5.00 before too long. Check out this thread, I gotta guy who's having problems. I don't know if he's doing every thing I told him, but I'd like to get him going. Read the threads, last couple of pages and see if u got any ideas. He's got recode and anydvd, so I recommended on the fly to get him going, and have given detailed instructions, but he can't seem to get it to work.http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/89791 I'll see ya on the flip side. Start at post 13:25
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What I would be concerned about is the chance for increased P1/P0 errors and coasters but get it and I'll watch you for a while before I get one.

I think I just chewed his butt out on the other thread. LOL

Now to crack that mini keg.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You did, I didn't even realize it, read my other post.