1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo WinDVD Creator Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MacGir, Feb 9, 2003.

1. MacGir

MacGir Member

I've started to use WinDVD creator Yesterday. Everything looks good. But when I finally got to "make movie" step, after I pressed "start" button program does nothing. Also, if I close the program it keeps WCreator module running.
    Please help.

2. ParsAria

ParsAria Member

Got the same problem here over here!
    but i remmember that is i had just installed WinXp at the beginning it worked very well.
    But after installing some more software on my system it did not work anymore( some = about 60 programs, so don't tell me start over again, LOL). i thought at first that one of the processen was troubeling so i began to and some processes i started with 40 and i ended with 19 so ended everything that i could, but it did not helped. you ever knows the answear to this problem please tell me.
    or better said us :S
    thank you lots

3. Cman

Cman Member

I've used this program and have had a similar problem. AFter I finish capturing a movie, I click on "make movie", the app runs for about 10 minutes, then I get a error message from WinXP saying the program has encountered a problem and had to shut down. It doesn't matter which drive I install it to or what I have running in the background. Help!!!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

This Program Sucks Crap, I allways had it Crash on me when testing it also...When something doesn"t work Try something else....

5. Tracyh

Tracyh Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm really new to DVD's - well, accept playing them of course, and I'm desperate for some help with WinDVD Creator 2. I'm beginning to think it hates me!

My problem is that when I go into Make Movie, I can't change the format of the file it burns to. It's stuck on VCD, which I can't use. I've changed an AVI to an MPEG, (a miracle in itself) but the thing still won't burn to disc because of not being able to change the format.

I'm putting my VHS on to DVD - or trying to, and I was assured that as I have a PCTV system (a pinnacle one) all I needed to do was create the AVI, and then when I open WINDVD Creator 2, all it would need is about 5 mouse clicks and I'd have my DVD. That was 2 weeks ago! I can't capture directly from my PCTV, so was assured this program would be fine. The help with the program is non-existent!

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Tracy

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Makeing a Proper DVD good Quality From VHS is Never going to be 5 Mouse Clicks...The proper way takes a Bit of learning and the Right software which is Definately NOT "WinDVD Creator"...I bet the Person who told you that it was easy and a 5 Mouse click procedure was also the person who sold you the PCTV and /or the WinDVD Creator Software??? To Create a DVD the easiest way with your set up would be to Capture your Movie to Mpeg2/DVD useing something like "InterVideo WinDVR 3.0" useing one of the DVD Capture Templates ,and then authoring the Captured File to DVD useing a Simple DVD authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" to add the chapters and Menu"s and to Burn it to DVD...WinDVR 3.0 can Capture to the correct Mpeg2 DVD format needed to Make a DVD and the Other Program "Tmpgenc DVD author" can be used to Put the file on DVD...This would be the easist way to do it without haveing terrorable Quality, There are much better Quality methods for createing a DVD but they are also more complicated...Cheers