1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invali DVD navigation structure and Parsing Failed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DaveHawk, Mar 17, 2005.

1. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member

Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to backup my copy of "Shall We Dance" DVD...but there's a problem...

When I tried with DVD Shrink i got this error:"Invalid dvd navigation structure"...

So I tried with DVD Decrypter but all I got is "UDF File System Parsing Failed!" Reason:"Unable to find "VIDEO_TS" Folder....

What caan I do???
    I tried with decrypter in file mode and in ifo mode, and I got the same error...the only way is to use the iso mode...but the result is an iso file of 6.5 GB that I can't compress to fit a dvd5 media...

Please HELP!!!

Thanx, Bye!

Dave

2. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member

I forgot to mention one thing...

The dvd is in the new format wmvHD...it play normally on all the dvd player that I've tried...and on my PC...

It has NO VOB or IFO's inside!!!!

Just 3 folders named "components" , "menu" and "video" and other 8 files(readme and others...)

3. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well if its not the norm disc/folder structure , not sure shrink or decryptor would know what to do with it. Have you done some google searching ?

5. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member

Yes, I tried to serch with google, but I had no luck...
    The video is a unique file named "shall we dance.wmv"...

I'm the one and only that have this problem???

Thanx

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

aha, thats a Windows Media Player 9.0 / .wmv file. You first need to convert it into dvd format, you can't just drop this file into shrink or decryptor. I use winavi converter to do avi->dvd and it looks like it might do wmv. This isn't free software but if you google for "wmv convert dvd" you will find loads of hits/alternatives (as i checked google just now). Plus check the afterdawn guides at the top of the page as there might e stuff in there. Also try this - http://www.videohelp.com/guides - millions of guides on almost everything you could ever need

good luck

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  7. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member

First of all THANK YOU!

Only another thing...If I convert WMV in AVI or MPEG will I have the same quality of the original??? (or nearly the same??)...and the result will be a unique file that I have to author/edit??

Thanx again!

Bye