1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid Access to Memory error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by busowner5, Nov 5, 2004.

1. busowner5

busowner5 Member

I’ve been using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink for some time now and haven’t had any problems…
    Until yesterday…

I ripped the movie to a file…opened up Shrink and clicked on ‘open file’…
    up popped the usual Analyzing movie box.

But about 15 seconds into the first analyzing process…it stopped and a error window popped up and said

”DVD Shrink cannot continue …Invalid Access to Memory “

So , I deleted the movie that I ripped from my Drive…shut down & restarted …and Ripped the movie again.
    Opened up Shrink again and got the same error .

I thought it might be an issue with the original Disc …so I deleted that file and ripped some other movies …
    But every movie brings up that same error message in Shrink.

Has anyone run into this error?

What does it mean?

I’ve got 2 Gigs of memory on this system…which I’m pretty sure is more than enough for this.
    I want to figure this out…I’ve become a bit of a movie Back-up Addict .
    Ughh …I want my DVD/Shrink to work again.
    Thanks ,
    Michael

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

What movie is it?

3. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - i got that error a few times also - i am not sure excatly how to fix it - but i have closed everything and rebooted and it worked after for me
    but i notice i have to end up rebooting alot when that happens - i am used dvdshrink 3.2 - i cant say if this newe version is the problem - i dont think so - if you havnt tried to reboot - you may want to or try dvd decrypter and then burn it - see if that works - i just got a new problem of my own and i wasted about 7 blanks now - and use RWs till i can figure it out - very weird - i make a good copy and everything goes fine - but the copy dosnt start to play when used on the computer or reg. dvd player
    when i explore the disk - the vobs are there and i can play each one -- but it just dosnt start to play on it own so its useless and i cant figure out why
    if you have any suggestions for me -
    thanks

4. forkndave

forkndave Member

I had this problem on "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Shrink would give me this message immediately after starting analysis. I ripped it with decrypter and got the same message when I tried to run the files through Shrink. I finally used an old version of Shrink and no problem. I think I used V2.3 and someone slse said V3.0 beta 5 worked O.K. I've heard some people get results with V 3.1 when 3.2 won't work. It's worth a shot.

5. busowner5

busowner5 Member

The Problems started when I tried to Back-up the newer version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    After that…any movie I tried to ‘Shrink’ brought up error messages and often ‘Shrink’ will just close itself out.
    On every flick…I got lots of those Invalid Access to Memory Location errors, DVD Shrink cant continue because VTS_ file whatever is missing (which it wasn’t )…and a few Program Error deals that would shut down Shrink.

But now for some reason, everything seems to be working Ok. I can back-up flicks without getting those error messages.

I’m betting this is a ‘Windows’ issue and doesn’t have anything to do with DVD Shrink.
    There must be some form of Code or directive in certain DVDs …that Windows XP w/ SP2 , being such a ‘Proprietory ‘ Operating system …wants to interpret in its own way.
    And that interpretation leads to compatibility issues with other programs.

What I’m trying to say is…
    I think something in Texas Chainsaw Massacre made Windows think it needed to view & open it using a different way (path)…and that ‘Path’ is hard for Shrink to find.
    So you get those…
    ”Invalid Access to Memory Location” errors…

Here’s a question….
    I’m running DVD Shrink3.2
    Can I download V 3.1 or V 3.0 and still keep 3.2 without running into program conflicts?
    I’m just wondering because I like the version I have ..which seems to work mostly great . But it would be nice to have another program option if some DVD caused things to act up again.

Thanks Folks,
    Michael

6. forkndave

forkndave Member

DVD Shrink 3.1 and 3.2 will coexist on your computer or at least they do on mine. The versions earlier than that are no problem because they don't actually install. The early versions of Shrink would just sit on your desktop (without a shortcut) and you would access them directly.