1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid access to memory location

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by clark10, Feb 12, 2005.

1. clark10

clark10 Member

contents of the DVD are backed up on the HDD I open file and get Invalid access to memory location dialog box

2. clark10

clark10 Member

Just in case someone runs into the same problem I found this:

Alright, first things first. I was having this same problem when I opened my DVD in DVDShrink using the 'Open File' mode, so I ran some tests. It is a decrypting problem. The best way to figure this one out is:

STEP 1 - Open up DVD Decrypter in FILE Mode.

When you decrypt a DVD, do you notice in the log how every VOB file has a key listed with it??? Well it should, otherwise when you try and use DVDShrink you will get the error message 'Invalid access to memory location'. Here is how to fix this issue.

STEP 2 - Look at each VOB and make sure there is a key next to it in the DVD Decrypter LOG or by right clicking on the VOB file name on the right and then click on 'Properties'.

STEP 3 - If there is good, then move on, if not, then in the same VOB grouping (e.x. - VTS_08_0.VOB, VTS_08_1.VOB, VTS_08_2.VOB) and in FILE mode, write down the key that was used to decrypt the VOB file in this grouping.

For me, I was having problems decrypting VTS_08_0.VOB, so I wrote down the key that was used for VTS_08_1.VOB.

STEP 4 - I then went to 'Tools > Settings' in the DVD Decrypter menu at top. I clicked on the 'CSS' tab and checked the box that says 'Force Decryption Key'. I typed the key that I wrote down and pressed 'OK'.

STEP 5 - Next, right click on the VOB file that you know did not have a key next to it, as was listed in the LOG file, and click on 'Decrypt'.

STEP 6 - Follow the above for each VOB file that for some reason or another did not get decrypted and does not have a key associated with it.

STEP 7 - Now you can open up the Video in DVD Shrink using the 'Open File' mode without getting any error messages.