1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid Audio Stream in Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by entarno, Jul 1, 2003.

1. entarno

entarno Member

I have a movie in MPEG2 svcd format that plays just fine through Windows Media player, but when I try to load it to burn through Nero, I get the following message:

The file AVSEQ01.MPG is not a valid file for creating a standard Super Video CD disc. A compliant video file requires the following........................................(standard fare).......

The following problems were found:
    - invalid audio stream: 48000 Hz, 2 channels

How would you like to continue?

Turn off standard compliance and continue
    Re-encode the video file
    cancel

What do I do here? How do I burn it? I don't think I can re-encode the video through Nero. Do I need to use TMPEGenc to re-encode the audio?

If I continue by turning off standard compliance will the disc play in my DVD player?

I've never run into this before, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I would try to continue, the problem u have is your audio is 48000hz instead of 44100hz!

3. entarno

entarno Member

Thanks,

I did just that: ignored the invalid audio stream message and it burned just fine. The Audio is clear and in sync with the video, so I guess you don't have to worry about errors when that message comes up.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Nah not because the sampling frequency is different usually!