1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invalid disk error on home player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by diego4paw, Jan 10, 2005.

1. diego4paw

diego4paw Member

i started burning disks on maxell dvd+r disks and they worked beautifully then i switched over to memorex and they wouldn't work so i switched back to the maxells but now whenever i burn a movie it keeps giving me an invalid disk error i can throw the disk in my puter drives and it works just fine all menus etc. i am using dvd shrink 3.2 with dvd decrypter out of the 20 movies i have tried only 3 have done this. PLEASE help the newbie :D!

2. RussReef

RussReef Guest

Not all media is compatible with all stand-alone players. Make sure your stand-alone can play DVD+R discs. Consult your owners manual.

Alternatively, it could be that you just had a couple of crappy blank discs.

Also, bear in mind that not all Maxells come from the same DVD manufacturing plant. I think Maxell disc are re-branded. So, the original manufacturer of the disc could be anyone... then, they just slap a Maxell label on it.

You're better off buying from original manufacturers through on-line media vendors. Check the media forums here at afterdawn to find the best media (and places to buy) for your burner.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

checkout your players compatibility with this chart:http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

4. tekkkaroo

tekkkaroo Member

Hi, I just posted the same problem just above you titled Help, I'm wasting too many dvd-r's. Anyway, I just purchased memorex but the are dvd-r, not +R. I also have some off brand from Target called E-GEAR. Please let me know if your problem went away after you try another brand. Thanks!
    Tekkk

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Not all Media is created equally my friend. I have 11 dvd players in my house 3 of them are multiformat, 4 read -R/+R/+RW, the other 4 won't play any +R/+RW disks at all. There is a good on-line media vendor that I order from called Meritline.com. They sell genuine Ritek,Maxell,Taiyo-Yuden and other brands as well. I think you got a couple of Dud blank disks, switch back to Maxell's and try burning at a slower speed. Those Memorex disk have been nothing but trouble for me (8x Memorex) especially burning at high speeds. I get alot of glitching only if I burn at 12X but if I slow the burner down to 4X it goes away. No matter what media you use you always get a break somewhere in the middle of the movie. Anyways, good luck in resolving this issue and let me know if I can help you further.

6. RussReef

RussReef Guest

Besides www.meritline.com
    check out www.supermediastore.com

7. tekkkaroo

tekkkaroo Member

Thanks all, I will check into it!
    thanks again,
    tekkk