1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invalid dvd navigation structure-DVDshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by johngalt, Mar 14, 2004.

1. johngalt

johngalt Guest

I am using DVDshrink trying to copy a disk made with DVDXCopy. The disk menu has an item that refers to files on a separate DVD disk. I believe that is why I am getting the error "invalid dvd navigation" when DVD Shrink tries to open the DVD. I also ripped it to the hard drive with DVD Decrypter and I still get the same error from Shrink when I try to open that directory on the hard drive. What I want to do is combine the 2 DVDs made with XCopy into one DVD with shrink, and I think thats possible, but not with this error. Is there some way around this problem, or some way to fix the nav structure? TIA

2. Thunder99

Thunder99 Member

I am having the EXACT same issue, DVD Decrypter, read the dvd's just fine, decrypted them. When I load the files into DVD Shrink, I get that same error. The Movie is a 2 disc movie, I want to shrink it to 1. Anyone else have this problem.

And before you ask, both DVD's are mounted to virtual drives at the same time, so DVD Shrink can see both dvd's if it needs to.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. johngalt

johngalt Guest

I "solved" the problem by using DVDDecrypt to store the dvd to the hard drive, then used TMPGenc DVD Author to re-author those files also to the hard drive. Then I used DVDShrink on that output to shrink the files and store them to the hard drive. Then I used TMPGenc DVD Author again to set up the menus for the shrunk DVD files. Then I burned the DVD. This was a circuitous solution, but it worked and I am on to productive pursuits.