1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Invalid DVD navigation structure" - Help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mickies40, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mickies40

mickies40 Member

I've already mastered the movie backup process using DVD Shrink and Decrypter...but I have run into a road block with my navigation DVD for my car. I bought my navigation unit a little while back and the disk no longer works! I tried getting a new one from Pioneer...but they want $199!!

Anyway, it appears as if my computer can read all the files....so I was hoping to make a backup =) I was able to save everything as an .iso file...but DVD Shrink keeps spitting out "Invalid DVD navigation structure"

Is it possible to "shrink" this DVD to 4.7 or has this not yet been mastered? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Shrink will compress video files. Your disc is most likley data. Data is not going to compress much. How large is the file.

3. mickies40

mickies40 Member

The DVD is just under 8 gigs. Would it be possible to burn it on a double-layer DVD+R?

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Yes, dual layer should work. The DVD format will have to be same for the Nav to read it.