1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invalid dvd navigation structure

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gurnard, Apr 4, 2005.

1. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hello everybody need help please.tried to backup resident evil-apocalypse. failed miserably, as soon as i open up disc a panel comes up saying dvdshrink encountered an error and cant continue. invalid dvd navigation structure. opened up the dvd and found under main movie title 6 49.52mins 1.888mb then under extras title 2-3-4-etc no title 1. what do i do please. geoff

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Have you tried to search resident evil-apocalypse. There are a few post on this movie.

Click on the link below.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

by far the easiest (and free) way is to download latest dvd decrypter. - v3.5.4.0.. or you could investigate anydvd, which is a 32day free trial, after that you would have to purchase it..

4. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

noqoilpi and creaky thanks for you response.no i didnt think of a search will try your link noqoilpi.yes i have up to date shrink and decrypter creaky, but because decryter said the disc held 8.5 gig i assummed i would have to put it through shrink first. i must be missing something i can do with decrypter by itself. i will have to do a bit more reading. geoff

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

if you got enough hard disc space, maybe just for now (to get it done as this film is 'arccos' protected), use decrypter in file mode, select all files, let decrypter grab files to hard drive somewhere; then run shrink from there, maybe doing 'movie only' if you want.

Normally i only ever use Shrink, to do movie only..
    Or for arccos stuff i use exactly the above steps.

So far decrypter can do anything out there..
    Have a go and find what works best for you, there's all sorts of ways to do it, and there are apparently better products out there, but for now you picked a good combo for starters..
    and they're free!. i've done about 500 films with that combo (well with Nero too) and (so far) have no need for anything else..

Rich

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  6. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member