1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid DVD navigation structure

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ResivorD, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ResivorD

ResivorD Member

Ive been using DVD Shrink for years now, but lately i had a problem when ever i try to use it to open a disc it says "Invalid DVD navigation structure" it also wont back up or shrink anything on my hard drive when i try to open files. Has anyone ran into this problem or possibly have a solution thanks

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

what other programs do you have that you are using with shrink? as in to by pass copy protection? if you have said files on your hd the copyprotection should be off. have you tryed uninstaling dvd shrink and reinstalling it?

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

double hit sorry

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ResivorD,
    You need to rip the DVD to the HD using either Ripit4Me or DVDFAB Decrypter. That error is usually caused by the newer encryptions. You can use either FixVTS or VobBlanker to correct that error. Ripit4Me utilizes FixVTS automatically if you use the 1-Click Method and will then bring up Shrink automatically for you.

5. abf46

abf46 Member

what dvd are you trying to copy. beacuse if its a newer disc it has sony's new copy right protection sony across. this copyright protection puts bad sectors that confuses the program but it will play fine o a tv. you need to dowload ripit4me its a exelent program it uses dvd decprtor,and fixvts. when you save those files open them up in dvd shrink and walla ..