1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid DVD Structure message

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by matrixfan, Feb 12, 2005.

1. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I tried shrinking a copied of a movie and got the "Invalid DVD Structure" message when I tried to use Shrink. What does this mean and how do I get around this ? thanks.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do an iso image in dvd decrypter then burn with the same app! if you just want a copy

3. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I want it to be able to play in a dvd player after, thanks.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if the dvdr is ok files wise then what i said above will be ok!

but if the files are no good, try coping the files to your hard drive and stick um in a folder..

then try playing each VOB in powerDVD to see if they are ok?

5. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I appreciate the help Rotary. I'm pretty new to Decrypter. How do I make them into ISO files and what do I have to do to burn it to make it playable on my dvd player. I copied it to a folder on my HD. It has two seperate folders. 1)AUDIO_TS and 2)VIDEO_TS

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

install dvd decrypter

then look at this! pictures speak louder than words - ;-])

if the files copied over they are probably ok! but you can test the vob's (video/sound) to see if ok in powerDVD etc...

but just follow the picture if the disc plays!

[​IMG]

7. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I've used a program called "Smartripper" and I did click on the vts_01_1 file it created. Power DVD played it fine But I cannot use Decrypter to burn a dvd to player in my dvd player.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

why cant you use dvd decrypter to burn? you can if its an ISO!

9. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I don't believe this is a iso image.

vts_01_1

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok lets start over as i am confused here!

now if you want to make another copy from YOUR copy, then follow the picture! and after you read an ISO image then click the write ISO image button and thats it! done a copy of a copy!

if you want to anything else please explain exaclty what you need? and we can go from there!

11. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

Once I make an ISO image. I want to use Decrypter to burn a playable copy to be viewable in any dvd player.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

it will be a working disc! aslong as the list below is good?

your dvd player plays copies of - and + format?

the first disc was good to start with?

cheap dvdr's were'nt used as they suck!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  13. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I'm burning a dvd right now. I'll let you know in 5 minutes if it worked. Thanks for your time and patience.

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

no probs let us know how it goes? ;-])

15. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I just tried it and the main menu came up but when I pressed play, I got a circle with a line through it so no luck.

16. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I tried it in PowerDVD also and the same results. I did everything according to the picture but when I was ready to burn it, I had swithched it back to write under MODE, ISO. I'm using Fuji 8x DVD -R's and write at 4x speed. When I did whate you told me to do in the picture, it made a MDS file like it always does so I figured it would work fine.

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

so does the first disc do that? and is the film with extras and menus then?

you could rip the main movie out only? or try to load the second disc to dvd shrink!

18. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

The original dvd works fine and the main screen looks identical but the original plays fine.

19. AQUA37

AQUA37 Guest

hi i recently had the same problem backing up res evil 2, 2 days later i eventually copied it with allot of help from this web site firstly i downloaded dvd decryptor and ripped it to the hd as file no mucking about with iso's or ifo's then i used dvd 2 one 2 compress it then i dragged & dropped it into nero burning rom dvd/video into the video ts file i hope this helps it helped me

20. AQUA37

AQUA37 Guest

hi i recently had the same problem backing up res evil 2, 2 days later i eventually copied it with allot of help from this web site firstly i downloaded dvd decryptor and ripped it to the hd as file no mucking about with iso's or ifo's then i used dvd 2 one 2 compress it then i dragged & dropped it into nero burning rom dvd/video into the video ts file i hope this helps it helped me

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2005