1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid Field in Parameter List - DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by suprflush, Jan 14, 2007.

1. suprflush

suprflush Member

I know that this has been covered before with on the forums, but I can't post on old threads. I'm using dvd decrypter to burn a dvd5 in ISO mode. I have a LiteOn SLW 831SX external burner, and I'm using NexxTech 8x 4.7gb DVD-R. In Device Manager it says "DMA if avaiable" and "PIO Mode" under Current Transfer Mode. I'm getting these errors:

I 16:45:02 Destination Device: [0:0:0] Slimtype DVDRW SLW-831S WS01 (D:) (USB)
    I 16:45:02 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)
    I 16:45:02 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
    I 16:45:02 Write Mode: DVD
    I 16:45:02 Write Type: SAO
    I 16:45:02 Write Speed: 4x
    I 16:45:02 Link Size: Auto
    I 16:45:02 Test Mode: Yes
    I 16:45:02 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 16:45:03 Filling Buffer...
    I 16:45:05 Writing LeadIn...
    W 16:45:06 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Invalid Field in Parameter List
    W 16:45:06 Retrying (1 of 20)...
    W 16:45:06 Retry Failed - Invalid Field in Parameter List

Also, I did check to see if there was new firmware and I couldn't find any. This is a new burner for me, but I have used it successfully for ripping. I'm thinking new media may help, but that there could also be another problem. Any help is appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi suprflush
    Yes new media could help. The NexxTech you have are made by CMC - not very good.
    Pick up some Verbatim or made in Japan Sony, Fuji or Maxell.

The mode should also say DMA under current transfer so need to turn that back on - guessing that's your hard drive in PIO mode? Since this is an external burner DMA doesn't apply. Here's a guide.

Keep us posted.

3. suprflush

suprflush Member

i followed the guide, and its in Ultra DMA Mode 5, but the same error is still happening. I don't know what to make of it.

4. binkie7

I think your best bet is to get some better media.
    CMC is notorious for burn failures.

How did you rip this iso?

5. suprflush

suprflush Member

I ripped it with DVD Decrypter. I've used these discs before and they've been fine (with a different burner). This burner is new, and its not working for the burning, I'm wondering what the problem is. The switch to Ultra DMA Mode 5 didn't help though

6. binkie7

Ok which movie is this?

The dma mode is for your hard drive - but best to keep it in that mode than the slow PIO mode.

The same discs may not always work in another drive - better to use the good stuff and chances are it will burn in most drives.

7. suprflush

suprflush Member

Ok, the movie was Little Miss Sunshine. I'm kinda confused about the DMA mode and what that is for. I have a 60gb internal hard drive & no internal optical. The Lite-On external optical drive & a 320gb Seagate external hard drive.

8. binkie7

Little Miss Sunshine has nothing special on it - decrypter and or Shrink can easily hanlde it. Just wanted to rule out maybe a bad rip.

DMA mode is direct memory access - for data transfer. So for you hard drive (or any internal drive) to to run optimally DMA mode is the mode to be in. Use very little of the processor.

The externals transfer data by usb or firewire.