1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invalid ScreenPictureResolution error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wolfman32, Aug 15, 2004.

1. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

I'm using IFOedit to create new IFO's for a series of 5 VOB's that I've got. I know the VOB's are fine, and If I click on my IFO's they both load up the movie fine in WinDVD, but when I go to burn a DVD-R using CloneDVD2, I get this error about an invalid ScreenPictureResolution. I've only seen one other post about this error via google (CDFreaks.com) and it wasn't very helpful. Anybody know what gives?

P.S. Sorry I didn't post more details from IFOedit, but I'm having trouble posting from my home machine. I'm at work now. For some reason this site can't access my cookies at home. I don't know why. Are there known issues with this site and Windows XP service pack 2? (the MS firewall gets beefed up in SP2)

2. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

Sorry, I just doublechecked my error and it actually says:

invalid SourcePictureResolution error.

3. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

Hmmm. No takers yet. . .
    Here's the Video overview of my IFO from IFOedit:

VMG Overview:

Video Manager Menu attributes:

Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (16:9) (letterboxed)

Number of Title Play Maps:(VMG_PTT_SRPT)

Title 1: VTS_01_*, TTN_1 (Angles: 1) (Chapters: 31) (Start Sector 6)

Number of Video Title Sets on this DVD: 1 (VMG_VTS_ATRT)

Title Set 1:

VTS_1 Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (16:9) (letterboxed)

VTS_1 Audio 1: Not Specified (Dolby AC-3) 6ch 48Kbps DRC

VTS_1 SubPicture 1: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

VTS_1 SubPicture 2: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

VTS_1 SubPicture 3: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

VTS_1 SubPicture 4: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

VTS_1 SubPicture 5: Not Specified (2-bit rle )

First play PGC: (Programs: 0) (Cells: 0)

Anybody see anything strange? I would think some video attributes must be incorrect somewhere but they all look normal to me.

4. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

Well, don't bother with this thread anymore, I needed the space on my hard drive so I had to send Starsky and Hutch to the recycle bin. Damn, it would have been nice to have on disk. Thanks for nothing Afterdawn!

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You ask a question about a program that very few people use any more and you get upset because nobody answered quickly enough? If you want to get more help, use a program like DVD-Lab or TMPGEnc DVD Author. If you're going to throw a fit because nobody knew the answer to your question, feel free to pay somebody to help you out. You certainly didn't pay anyone here so we don't owe you anything. You're using a program that never quite got out of beta. Sometimes things don't work. If you want better results, stop using beta software.

6. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

A little touchy are we vurbal? It would seem to me that you're the one throwing a fit. If I was a senior member in a well travelled forum I guess I'd be embarassed too if a valid question sat unanswered for four days. So nobody uses IFOedit anymore? Is that really true or are you just blowing smoke?

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I never said that nobody uses IfoEdit, just that most people don't (and in fact most of the people here never have). It hasn't been in development since the author was hired by 321 Studios to work on DVD X Copy nearly 2 years ago, and it's been made obsolete by a number of different applications. I have no problem with people asking questions, and I'm not even saying that yours is unreasonable. What I am saying is that there's no reason to act like we owe you something because you signed up and asked a question is ridiculous. You posted a question about an obscure error from a piece of software that most of the people here have never even used. Supposing there is someone here who can answer your question (which may or may not be the case), it takes time for a thread to be noticed by the right person, and the less people who can answer it, the longer it will take. Had I noticed your question before today I would have most likely told you to ask it on the Doom9 forums, which is where you're most likely to find someone with the kind of in depth knowledge of IfoEdit required to answer this, but since I just saw it today I could hardly have done that previously. If you don't like the response (or lack thereof) you get here, feel free to go somewhere else, but don't act like you've been injured because nobody who could help saw your post before you gave up.

8. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

I wouldn't give up on the guys here at Afterdawn so quickly, vurbal. Some of the pipe hittin' niggers of IFO manipulation lurk these forums. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be around right now.
    Maybe next time I'll have more luck. Sorry if I pricked your thin skin.