1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INVERTED CONVERTED FILE and Audio sync problems!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by venommous, Dec 20, 2004.

1. venommous

venommous Member

Hi, I have 2 questions, if I may:

1. I have tried to convert an Xvid file to an MPEG1 file using a couple of different conversion programmes, but when the conversion is complete the entire file/film is upside down. It seems perfect in every other way - sound and quality etc, but it plays in my PC in an inverted manner.
    Will it revert back if I burn it to a DVD, or do I have to convert it in some other manner, please?
    I have tried a simple programme - DVD Santa - then my Eo Joiner/Converter, which normally makes a perfect job first time. My original file plays normally, but is too big to squeeze onto a VCD, hence my attempts to make it into a DVD.

2. When I attempt to convert other files/videos of mine I regularly finish up with the audio in front of the video, despite having a perfect avi original i.e. a copy of my holiday video. Mainconcept and TMPGenc are the converters I have tried to use. Why do they do this and can I correct this problem without having to convert te files first, look at them, time the delay and try to get another programme to correct the fault - which I really have had no real success at doing?

I really hope some expert here can help me sort these 2 problems out, they are driving me insane!
    Best wishes, V

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

The only program I have heard of that flips the film is Nero's encoder. It seems to do some weird math. Did this happen in TMPGEnc?