1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inverted Preview w/ TMPG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Lostboy76, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Hi!

I did a search using Inverted, flipped, .srt but nothing helped me out so i'm going to just ask.

I have this avi file with acceptable audio format that i want to change to mpg ntsc vcd format using TMPG.

It works out fine, but then i decide to add the subs (.srt file) and the preview becomes inverted.

So ... the output file is also inverted and the vcd result is also inverted.

I really want to know how to solve this problem and what exactly is causing the problem.

I thought it was the divxg400 cuz i could change it to flip but it's at don't flip.

Vobsub config is also at don't flip.

So i think it's the .srt file. Once i remove the file, the picture is upright. If i lower the priority on DirectShow it also fixes the problem, but no subs.

Any help?

Thanks

2. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

So I decided to reinstall the divxg400 and that didn't work. I reinstalled directshow and that pretty much stopped the inversion, but also killed the subs... i put the priority at 2,3,4 but still no subs. The subs still play with wmp.

Still working on it ... any hints please?

3. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Ok ... i'm not sure what i did or the order but here we go ... i reinstalled vobsub ... The picture preview looked messed up ... so i reinstalled direct show ... checked it again ... the preview was upright :) and with subs :) and i check wmp and there were subs and it was upright ... so now i'm going to encode ...

so for those of you with this problem ... maybe try reisntalling your codecs in this order ...

bye!

*wierd the time for the 2 posts are the same but it was 30 minutes or something in between
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Lostboy - I needed a hobby[/small]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well all you needed to do was Choose to Flip it so the Allready Flipped Image gets Flipped again and that would be Upright ,I have had to do this with wierd problems with Flipped images so i would use the setting in FFDshow to Flip it again to the Upright position......