1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ip address failed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by braig, Oct 12, 2007.

1. braig

braig Member

I'm new to xbox live. Ive been trying everything i know for the past two days to connect to live and haven't had any luck. It says that the ip address fails. when I go to edit settings is shows an ip address and a subnet mask but says 0.0.0.0 for my gateway. I have tried both the direct modem and router set ups and it is the same each time. help?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

try and set it manually...

3. braig

braig Member

well i don't really know very much about how all that ip address stuff works so i don't know how i decide what to use for a manual entry. i tryed using the ip address and the subnet mask it gave me and putting in my own gateway but that didn't work. i don't even really understand what any of the stuff is. And so far i have had no luck. thanks

4. theridges

theridges Guest

connect the line to your pc and go to start-control panel-network internet connections-network connections and right click the connection then click status..
    after the windows opens click details and it will tell you your gateway number

5. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

Click Start
    Run
    Type CMD
    Command promt should open ( black screen )

Type ipconfig/all

This will show all your ip settings inclusing DNS etc

Hope this helps

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

if all else fails you can call your isp and or xboxlive and they will be glad to help.