1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ip address of a ps2??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aXidburn, Jan 28, 2004.

1. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i am trying to hook up my ps2 through the network adaptor to my ethernet into my comp and network them so i can save games from my ps2 on my computer, does any ones know how to get the IP address of a ps2?

2. vairox

vairox Regular member

you are using a crossover cable correct?

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i dont know, i have an ethernet connecting from cable modem to D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router
    model DI-604. from there it goes to everything else with ethernet wires.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

why would you need the ip if you are going through a router
    with routers you can just plug the ps2 in and go

5. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i am trying to get the ps2 to talk to the comp, i need to send and trade files. you need it for this program.
    i found out though, what u do it type in ur ip besides the last 2 digits (in internet explorer) and it will bring u into the router info, then that'll help you configure your ip address and stuff

turn on ur ps2 make sure it is connected and then go back to the website and it should tell you your ip of that connection going into the ps2

edit-this only works on broadband routers!
    and the ps2 must be using the internet for it to show up

hopefully that will help any one that was having the same problem
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD athlon 64 3200+
    Msi K8T Neo
    512 mb ram
    120 gig hdd
    Memorex dual x format[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2004
  6. vairox

vairox Regular member

yep router status window brings it up, its like that on my barricade router/switch

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

what program is this ???

also kinda off topic, how do you like your amd 64 rig?I got mine about a month ago and love it.

8. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

there is 3 differnt programs called Nport,Pukklink and Inlink
    if you would like to know how to use them go to http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18334
    it tells u how to use them.

and about the amd athlon 64, yes i love it also but i am waiting for the new windows xp 64 bit edition, when it comes out the cpu should really be able to show its speed cuz under windows wp (32 bit editon) it is limited

9. vairox

vairox Regular member

LOL....every new version of windows has been 3 times as bloated as it's predecessor, dont be surprised if its the same or slower

10. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i dont know, if you look at the specs of it it seems like it should be faster, it is still in beta testing. but the tranfer rate for data and everything is much higher cuz u will really be using a 64 bit windows unlike a 32 bit, and anywhy it should be able to run alot more programs without slowing down the computer