1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP problems with 360 through laptop

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bailey07, Sep 18, 2007.

1. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

OK so I have shared my wireless connection on my PC so that Im able to send it down the ethernet cable to my 360.I got it working fine but then when i turned my PC off and then on again I couldn't connect to live.On my pc it says that the local area connection is limited or no connectivity. I tried to repair the connecttion on my PC but it says that it cannot repair it and asks me to contact the person who manages my network, but that person is me! So i ran the connection test on my 360 and the IP fails everytime. Im puzzled how to fix it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

Yea your having ip address problems. When windows can not get an ip from the router for whatever reason it assigns itself one, one that does nt usually work for the internet. Google up how to set ip addresses and you will be in business. After a day of fixing computers, im not fixing anything else,

3. steimy

steimy Active member

look up iprelease and iprenew. That may fix it for you.
    http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/renewipaddrwxp.htm

Another thing that can happen to some connection that have routers is that they just go wacky, espacially if they get shut down rapidly like a power outage. You can try unplugging the router and modem. wait 30 seconds or so then plu in the modem. After it has fully went through it's start up tests and alllights on it show active (other than the ethernet light which will not until the router is plugged in), then plug in the router and let it fire up too.

4. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Thanks steimy, I've already tried upluging the router and pluging it in again and I had no sucess but I'll try the IP renew tomorrow as I dont have access to my laptop at the moment.