1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iph-bcdr.bin and iph-bcdr.cue won't work...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by forearm, Oct 9, 2003.

1. forearm

forearm Member

okay. i searched for an answer already but i can't find one.

I have a modded PS2 that requires boot swapping, but my GS2 is so scratched up it rarely works.

First, when it does boot up and i go to play game, without codes:
    95% of the time it just freezes when i put in any game.
    It works sometimes, but rarely.

Second, i've been tryin to download another boot disk and ive found iph-bcdr.bin and .cue and tried burning it like 5 times but ps2 does not load it up.

Here is what i do to burn it:
    Use Nero: Create new image
    Track at once
    Burn

doesnt work.

any help with either problem would be MUCH appreciated.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it wont work to get it to work you will need another boot disk or a mod chip eg; magic,dms,m2 because you cant copy the boot sector on a burnt backup thats why you need a boot disc or mod chip to play your backup games in the first place

3. Woz

Woz Regular member

I really dont have much idea on this one, but I imagine if you did get it from a realiable source then it should work. Most of the time I use NERO to burn my BIN and CUE files but from time to time I have had to use CDWIN to burn them,CDRWIN did develop BIN and CUE after all. Give it a go and try and burn it at like 8x speed, I have just purchased a 52x speed cd writer and since then the games I do backup do have difficulty booting up. Let me no how u get on.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you burn it with cdrwin it still wont boot without another boot disc or a mod chip

5. forearm

forearm Member

I do have my ps2 modded.

Are you saying then that it is impossible to burn your own boot disk? even if you just use clonecd to copy it?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

no you can burn a boot disc but you would need a mod chip like magic3/3.1/5,dms, messiah to boot it or another boot disk to get to load if you could just copy the boot sector then there would be no need for boot disc/mod chip in your ps2 because your backup games would just boot like the orignal. orignal boot disc's are pressed not burnt