1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 3g wont jail brake?

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by 0MAR, Feb 26, 2012.

1. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

I have an iphone 3g that I wanted to unlock so i did a jail brake It has ios 4.2.1 on the phone I used redsn0w and installed the basseband 4.2.1 n got cydia in the phone then with cydia I got ultrasn0w installed the phone rebooted n still not unlock???

2. barborian

barborian Member

hi when you updated to ispw 4.2.1 you also updated your baseband to the newer one which cannot be unlocked, i have two iphone 3g models one from the usa and one from uk, both had the same firmware and baseband as yours and i have unlocked both of them so to help you unlock your phone i have put together a folder for you with the files to do the job. here is the link: https://rapidshare.com/files/2724160292/iphone_3g_unlock_with_ipad_baseband.rar
    the firmware is custom built with the ipad baseband and it works only with iphone 3g not 3gs. itunes always errors when trying to use custom firmware so use ireb to put your phone into dfu mode and itunes will not error. remember to update cydia and install ultrasn0w when the firmware update is done as the one in the firmware is outdated. if you find the rapidshare link too slow send me your email address and i will share the torrent link i have created.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012