1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 4 wont Turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by psplova45, Feb 26, 2012.

1. psplova45

psplova45 Regular member

Hey, i was using my iphone 4 last night, and it would loop the apple logo after trying to jailbreak 5.0.1 with redsnow, and then completely turned off. ive tried hard reset nothing! please help. its just a dead iphone. the phone is cold so i presume its not on

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

i can help you but you won't like it.

Redsnow is currently in beta form if you use it and install it on your iPhone you will.

a. kill your iPhone

b. also cause firmware corruption

the i.o.s firmware update 5.0.1 contains new dd protocols and if you use a jailbreak the jailbreak will cause you to completely lose your signal because of firmware corruption or the loop issue where the phone just loops and shuts off over and over again.

3. psplova45

psplova45 Regular member

thanks for the info, so can i not recover now? will opening the phone and taking the battery out help? please help me :(

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

you don't have to take the battery out you need to connect the phone to iTunes and recover the phone with the latest firmware update iOS 5.0.1.

had to do the same thing on mine but i found out from youtube videos that 5.0.1 contains the new protocol if you have a legit sim you even lose your sim there as well i lost mine and had to purchase a new phone from apple at 200.00

5. psplova45

psplova45 Regular member

The thing is my phone is just a black screen now not even the apple logo loop so how can I get iTunes to recognise it, I don't care if the phone/sim part of the phone works or not, as long as I can restore it I will be very very very happy. I don't mind if the phone will say no signal. Please just help me get it to turn on