1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone contacts backup to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by christinegrape, Feb 22, 2011.

1. christinegrape

christinegrape Member

Hi!
    My computer crashed and I had to reformat the entire system. I've lost all data, including previous iTunes library.
    I'm scared to plug in my iPhone into iTunes, coz I'm unsure what it might do to it!
    Here are my problem questions that I'd appreciate any help on:
    - Transferring all contacts from iPhone to the computer (outlook or windows address, anything is fine...so long as I have a back-up on my PC)
    - I'm confused about the term sync. Does it work both ways in transferring / backing up data when you plug in the iPhone?
    - When I do manage to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC, what happens to the rest of my iPhone data in the process - photos, music, videos, apps?
    Please help!
    Thanks!!

2. erer002

erer002 Member

when you plug you iphone back up to you itunes itll back it up completly your pics your contacts your messages etc. it wont erase it because itll back it up first..
    You may loose music though im not sure if it backs that up or not i cant remember that part
    Besides i share you a article about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, which can help you backup all iPhone contacts and contact photos from iPhone to your computer and keep them safe on the computer.
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011