1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone Hard or Silicone Case, which is better?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Link45, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Link45

Link45 Member

I'm getting an iPhone case but is there anyone who knows whether a silicone case is better or a hard case? Will the hard case protect the iPhone if it drops? Or will silicone be better. Silicone, because its rubbery does it fit in pockets well? Also does silicone catch lint and dirt more easily than the hard plastic case? Let me know through your experience or preference which would be better.

2. dac90

dac90 Member

In my opinion a hardcase is better, for any device. Anything over those silicon covers :p. It just spoils the look. A hardcover would also protect your screen. And if you didn't know, this is THE best protector: http://www.invisibleshield.com/

3. talltrees

talltrees Guest

Well personlly I like the silicone case better.

4. 007geezer

007geezer Member

Ive had both the silicone and invisibleshield and the invisi won hands down, apart from getting the bloody thing on correctly,ive had it in pockets with change,keys etc and never a mark on it and the best bit is it hasnt added to the bulk of the iPhone...sweet!

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

I'm looking for an iPhone case too.
    I watched the videos on the Invisibleshield website and it shows them spraying something on the back of the shield first. Is it possible to take the Invisivbleshield off the iPhone if I decide to take it off later?

6. 007geezer

007geezer Member

Yup! It comes off if required without leaving a mark, what you are spraying is just an mineral water oil based liquid to give you time to position the screens then they dry out completely after 24 hrs.

Regards
    007geezer

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

I see,
    I imagine it would be hard to position the screen on the iPhone in exactly the right position though lol

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  8. 007geezer

007geezer Member

Wasn't too bad for the positioning as it does slide all over the place initially, its the edges that were a bugger, you have to press them into your palm,s to compress the protective sheeting around the edges and hold them for a while until it starts to dry out and gets a bit more tacky, but overall ive used the hard plastic covers and the leather ones and this has come out the best overall, well worth the money.

9. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well, I really like the way this case is invisible and supposedly great too. I just finished placing my order from the link given above by dac90 and I found a coupon code online and saved $4.99. Came to $19.96 total, which isnt too bad. I chose the free shipping option so it said it would take up to 3 weeks to ship (I already wish that I had paid the 5 bucks for faster shipping). I hope it is easy to apply like I've been told. I look forward to it arriving so I can save the look of my new iPhone 3G.

10. iphonefan

iphonefan Member

I think soft one is better.
    silicone case can protect iphone when its fall down
    and feel warmer.
    I uesd this one , I think its pretty nice.
    [​IMG]

11. Hunt720

Hunt720 Member

does anyone know where I can get that "coupon code" for the 5 dollars off? I'm getting and Iphone 3g and I want to use the invisible shield... the 5$ savings would make the faster shipping basically free. I'm exited about the case. The website has some other great videos on the material they use. Thanks for the find!

12. CademiaX

CademiaX Member

I have a black incase, its hard plastic and the bottom section covers the black part of the phone and the top part covers the silver part, which makes it nice for docking, just remove the bottom and you're done.

I also have the invisashield on the screen and thats it.

13. andersg

andersg Regular member

To tell you the truth, I dont remember the exact site I got it from, I just searched somethng like "InvisbleSHIELD coupon code" on google and found one that happened to work.

I found this one, no idea whether its still valid or not though. Might as well give it a try. When it asks you for it punch in iphoneinca and supposedly you'll save 15% on your first order.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  14. technific

technific Member

In my opinion i like no case. This is because a case tends to hide the features of the iPhone. In stead i use a slip on case when i put it in my pocket but take it out when i use it. The best one i found (which is what i am currently using) is the white leather Sena case. It looks so pro and cool.

15. Zkid05

Zkid05 Member

16. Zkid05

Zkid05 Member

17. JoeSRocha

JoeSRocha Member

http://www.inspiretech.com/p-379-iphone-3g-full-protector-case-black.aspx
    This one worked great for me. Its polycarbonate and it has absorption padding inside it for falls. Looks pretty cool to.

18. ocathan

ocathan Member

merry christmass everybody,
    i just got an iphone but im looking to know can i change the ringtone to normal music?

19. andersg

andersg Regular member

Search for iRinger. Its free and easy to use

20. MrMax101

MrMax101 Member

this echo screen protector is cool (it's only the screen though and probaly looks better on a white iphone)
    http://proporta.co.uk/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=4146&t_mode=des