1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod (80gb) doesn't fully start and keeps restarting

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by bollot, Dec 17, 2007.

1. bollot

bollot Member

yesterday I was listening to some music with my ipod connected(by the bottom connector, USB) into a rounded(donut-like) JBL speaker when suddenly the ipod restarted and when it was restarting and had the apple logo onscreen it restarted again, and again, and again and keeps doing that and it won't fully start,
    I have tried the menu+select trick, switching the Hold on and off, I tried to connect it to my computer but it won't recognize it since it doesn't fully start and actually the reseting period got shorter when connected to my laptop.
    Now I am leaving the battery to run off until it is truly dead, until not even a "connect to power" message shows to see if this helps reseting the ipod completely.
    If somebody knows a solution please help me!! my ipod is only 1 month old!! thanks!

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

do you have the new 80gb ipod classic, if so, you should take it back to apple, it sounds like your firmware got corrupted, but not hope is not always lost, you did mention you try the meny and select trick, did you see the check mark on your screen? To set the ipod for disk mode, hold menu and select, and the same time, once it powers off imendiately release menu and hold down the play and select center botton until you see the check mark on your screen, this works for my 5 gen 30gb ipod video,Like i mention if you have the newest 6 gen ipod classic, and you still cant get it, bring it to apple. Good Luck.

3. bollot

bollot Member

ok thanks a lot, I started in disk mode and I was able to connect to the itunes, so it started syncing by it self, after the syncing was over I restarted and the problem showed up again, I changed it to disk mode again and clicked on Restore in Itunes but it didn't work either, it performed the restoring succesfully but the problem was not solved. And it is restarting again.
    messing with the ipod I pressed select+previous and went into some testings and it freezed at a test that said HP detect: 0, do you know what that means? or should simply give up and send it to Apple?

4. Ashcraft

Ashcraft Member

i would just take it to the apple store