1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Conversion Issues

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by UpDatin07, Jan 2, 2008.

1. UpDatin07

UpDatin07 Member

I've downloaded several programs such as DivX Pro, Aimersoft,Jodix, and Video Piggy. One of the main problems I'm having is the time of the .avi files I've downloaded from youtube.com

How do I edit the time? It seems the limit are all under 8secs within the Divx Player although the frame shows true time length of each video.

Note: I used vixy.net to convert the youtube videos.

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

OK the amount of time, it takes for your computer to transcode a video is not on the file size or the software you are using is all on your processor speed. i do use videora to encode full length movies for my ipod video and the whole process takes about 1 and half hours, how ever when i transcode a tv show that is less than an hour long it takes about 45 minutes, i have a AMD Chip 2.00 gh, 2 and half gig ram, 400 gb hd, but is a single chip, older computers with less memory will take longer newer double or quad core chips will be much much faster. so Try videora is free, you might get a better result. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008