1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod crashed.....folder exclamation showing at startup

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by dadrummer, Jan 29, 2007.

1. dadrummer

dadrummer Member

Hello -

i recently was given an ipod from a friend and the ipod had a bad hard drive. it is a ipod mini 4gig. the hard drive in it was making some clicking noises so i decided to order a new hd from ebay. the hard drive starts up and spins fine but the ipod has the folder icon with an exclamation and i can not reload the hd from itunes. i have tried to format the hd in windows from the ipod and that hasn't worked either. has anybody had this problem? i am assuming that maybe the firmware on the ipod itself is bad?? if anyone has any tips or anything to help me out that would be great. if not i will be parting the ipod out on ebay...... thanks in advance.

ray.

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

dose it have the iPod fimware and OS on the Hard Drive?

3. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

your iPod doesn't have a hard drive... its a micro flash drive... D'UH!

4. dadrummer

dadrummer Member

i had to replace the hard drive so nothing that was on the hard drive is still on there. it is a fresh clean hard drive. basically i need to reload the hard drive back to the original format it was when the ipod was first purchased.