1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod help for a 20 Gig iPod I just bought!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Prize99, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

I just bought a 20 gigabyte iPod from someone at work and I bought a charger for it the next day. After I charged it up it displays Language, and English is highlighted. But I cannot choose it or scroll down or up. How do I fix this? I am not sure if the iPod has any songs on it, I don't know if I need to download songs on it to get it to work?

2. Betrayed

Betrayed Moderator Staff Member

You know how touchwhell works? Middle button (white) is key, slide your thumb on that circle and the selector will move, pressing Menu goes to previous place.

3. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Yes I obviously tried that, I also tried going to the Apple website and rebooting it. I cant select the language, can anyone help?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well since english is first just press the white button, and to reboot that key has to work, if its a problem with any of the keys on it i would get my money back.

5. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

I know this is probably not the problem, but is the hold switch on? If it's orange its on if white its not. If not the case than did u try connecting it into your pc via USB/Firewire and than do the restore for it.

6. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

No the hold switch is off but good guess. The only time the iPod lights up is when is switcht the hold from off to on. Other than that the buttons do not do anything. I am able to connect it to the USB on my computer. How do I check it for bugs?

7. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

just download iTunes and plug the iPod into the computer. Once you plug it in it will show up at this iPod screen and it will say restore. Than click it, but it will erase any songs on the iPod, in your case doesn't really matter.