1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod help!!!!!plz

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by fishstix1, Jul 24, 2007.

1. fishstix1

fishstix1 Member

ok my ipod is being dumb and it wont charge!!! yes i have used 3 different chargers and i plugged it into the computer but it wont charge the thing just says PLEASE WAIT VERY LOW BATTERY.....Ahhhh!

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Time for a new battery. Take it to an Apple store or replace it yourself.
    You also need to make sure the ipod is plugged into a USB 2.0 port to charge, a USB 1.1 port won't charge it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

First try restoring your iPod with iTunes. This fixed my charging issue on an iPod Mini I bought awhile ago.

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

There is no connection b/w the computer and ipod when it says low battery

5. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Maybe not every time, but in some cases you can at least get to it with My Computer and format.

6. Jazz_Dude

Jazz_Dude Member

No, you don't need a new battery yet. Sometimes the ipod gets stuck in the power saving mode, with this message displayed, and never changes. You can unplug the ipod, hold 'Menu and select' until the apple logo shows. Then turn the ipod off by holding play, then plug the ipod back into your computer.

- Or -

Keep in mind that your USB port does not give out power in sleep mode. You can't charge the ipod while your computer is sleeping, infact, doing this will drain the battery faster. So don't leave your computer, and don't fall asleap yourself.

- Then -

Get a new battery.

7. fishstix1

fishstix1 Member

Okay thankx for all ur help hopefully i can this thing up adn working again!!! Thankx again!!!!!