1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod linux on ippod video 5gen problem

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by sinarades, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

I just installed ipod linux today on my ipod video and i have 27.8 gb of space on the ipod but i only have 6.9gb free and i only have 114 songs on my ipod with ipod linux installed with loader 2.4 and themes and fonts with some games from the ipod linux installer is this right? Is ipodlinux suppost to take up most of my harddrive on my ipod? and if i wanter to remove ipod linux how would i do that? witht eh installer or the apple restore utility? and each time i plug in my ipod to go ino itunes a little bubble comes up on the bottom right hand corner and says itunes controles corrupted used chskx or somthing is this normal? because on itunes it says i only have 534mb of space out of 27.8gb takes up on my ipod.

2. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

Ok i used the apple restore utility that made everything went back to normal linux was wiped adn my 2.7.8 gb were normal on the about screen on my ipod but then i installed linux again and it says 6.9gb free but when i go into itunes it shows i only have like 28mb taked up out of 27.8gb and in my computer my ipod shows up as a removable disc and it says 28mb is taken up out fo 27.8gb so i guess the ipod linux did somthing but its like a bug showing up on the ipod and when i went into itunes and added 114 songs that took up 592mb it still showed up as 6.9gb on my ipod. I have a question when i plug in my ipod a little bubble comes up bottom right corner saying the itunes controls on the ipod are corrupt but i can do everything normaly i dont see this effecting anthing and when i restored my ipod this message went away when i plugged it in.do you think i should be worried about this?