1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod movies

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by jayster12, Dec 21, 2007.

1. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

hi i jus got a 80gig classic and i was wondering if i can put the movies on itunes then on the ipod or if i would have to convert them first?

2. radhey

radhey Guest

3. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

ok so now i jus add them to itunes

4. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Heres a my video Tutorial it will show you basics ripping dvds into itunes, also you can convert the videos with videora and videora will automatically add them to itunes.

Heres the link dvd to ipod

5. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

how do you no what files to convert like they are all video_ts n their is a bunch of them

6. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

if you rip the video with dvd decrypter it will be one big video ts file. make sure to choose file spliting none that way you get one file, on video decrypter. look at the images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  7. lasttears

lasttears Guest

Where are the "Video_ts" folder? Are they on your hard drive or on a disc? If they are on your hard drive, you may just run SPAM, then follow its instruction to choose the whole "Video_TS" folder as the source. Then the titles in this DVD will be listed, you may pick any title to rip. But usually you only need convert the longest title which is also the main movie. I suggest you just preview it first to make sure you choose the right title.

If they are on a disc, you may insert the original DVD to your DVD drive, then run SPAM, it will automatically dectect the DVD and list its titles.

I have used this program for a month to convert my DVDs for my iPod touch. I'm satisfied with it. You can learn more info from their website and have a try by yourself.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  8. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

got that i have family guy episodes on my ipod but i want to put them in the tv shows section how would i do this every time i go to add files in tv shows they just appear in the movie section on itunes or dont show up at all?

9. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

unfortunally when you ad a video you rip to itunes ie Family Guy, you have to manually go into each file and change the file type. To answer the other question The ts folder is where ever you chose it to be, if you didnt change it dvd decrypter uses C:\Yourmovietitle so click on my computer icon click on the c drive select open or explore and you will see a folder named after the movie you just ripped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  10. ste0087

ste0087 Member

plug your ipod in to the computer open itunes select the movie or movies that are on your ipod (family guy) right click get info choose the video tab and where it says video kind choose tv show

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  11. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

ok thansk alot for the help i got that! Now this is very basic how would i put all my episodes in order from 1 to like 100 they get mixed up every time i add new ones? would ne1 know?

12. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

Well the Ipod lists things alphabetically...so if you want them in chronological order label them something like

1.Family Guy So1Ep01
    2.Family Guy So1Ep02
    etc.
    etc.