1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod nano stupid idea apple

Discussion in 'Audio' started by johnodd4, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

ohh thx for the info weazel200, so do you think its better than .mp3

2. v1225

v1225 Guest

what's the matter with u all, ipod nano is good,2gb(500 songs)plus colour screen(photos),i've got my own one and it's great,it's got 10hrs play time and 25,000 photos, anyway if your stupid enough to drop it then i think u deserve to have it smashed.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

@ Glitched,
    Yes Mp4 (.m4a/MPEG4-AAC/aacPlus) is better than Mp3 (LAME).

Protected files bought on iTunes files are labled with a .m4p extension. Non-protected files produced by iTunes and other Mp4 audio encoders produce files labled with the .m4a extension. Both file types are MPEG-4 AAC at the core. Some are also aacPlus files. aacPlus files are MPEG-4 AAC files that are optimized for low-bitrates.

@ v1225,
    Its nice to here from a proud owner!

Ced

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Ipod nano is harder to break cause it's made out of flash memory. Ipod would break much eaiser cause of hardrive.
    Does anyone have a link that test ipod?

5. v1225

v1225 Guest

i would like to take bake my statement,ipod nano is rubbish because of it's battery life,unlike the iriver h10,after one year ipod nano's battery life starts to fail so you've got to start thinking about getting a new ipod nano,and the ipod nano doesn't have a removerble battery like the rio carbon or the iriver h10,and it might be light weight but the ipod nano's screen will brake after 1 drop on the floor,so u coudnt look at your photos,but u could still listen to your music for the rest of the year.

6. sailingji

sailingji Guest

Nano has flash memory, not a hard drive
    I get planty of use out of my nano and love it. The battery life is adequate. Not great, but it rocks me to work, at work, and puts me to sleep late at night.

It is fragile and why I did not use it for the two weeks till I got a case. I bought the Incase, leather, hangs on my belt and flips down to get at the controls. I love the case.

What I really hate about Apple, is they release these great products and have no accesories till later in the game. I looked for a case at every tech store I could think of, finally buying the Incase from apple and had to wait. The only case they had was a arm belt of very feminin colors, like hot pink, green, blue and white. No way on earth would I buy one of those. Told the manager at the apple store they need to release accesories at the same time they release a product. He agree'd. Wish Apple would pay attention.

However, what I do not like about it, it can't compete with my 60gb Photo. I got my whole CD collection on the photo, whereas I have to do a lot of itunes juggling to cram in as much as I can on the nano. I also put pics on both and the nano can't compete with the photo. But, pound for pound, I would love a nano with a 60gb capacity. That will come in time. Just as I told a friend of mine a few years back, that memory will eventually replace hard drives. He told me I was nuts. We're getting there. 500gb flash memory anyone?

7. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

I'm planning on getting the black 4gb Nano for Christmas. I don't see what the big complaint is about the screen. Just get a case and you'll be fine.

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

Could you please post a link to the site with a picture of the case for the Nano I looked at my local Radio Shack [The Source Now] and couldn't find any. Im just curious to see if it is worth getting for my iPod Nano

9. sailingji

sailingji Guest

Go to apples web site
    http://www.apple.com
    Here is the link
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...Z2162MTt2v/5.SLID?mco=80EF73D0&nplm=TF276LL/A
    Or look for nano cases
    That is where I got the leather case.
    Incase
    I give it a 10

What I like about it, is it fits on my belt and flips down to get at the controls, or I can just stick it in my pocket. Also, when people see it they don't really know what is in the case. So people who want to snatch it on the street are less inclined to do it. It looks like its maybe a pocket knife sheath.

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

You're right it is nice.
    I think I might get one for myself, I dont like to buy stuff online.

11. sailingji

sailingji Guest

Apple is pretty upfront, I wouldn't worry about buying from them online.

If you have an apple store nearby, try them. I love apple products, but the downside is, I can't afford their computers. I can build a damned good PC for 1/2 the price.

Also, if you have any problem with an apple product, bring it back. I did with something and they didn't ask me to fill out any forms. All I had to do was show them the receipt and without question I was out of there with the cash in my hand (or credit card recredited) took me all of 3 minutes.

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

Most people and pictures I see of the iPod Nano are the Black version of it. I Have the white version and it seems like everywheres I look people have the black one
    I had a hard time choosing between the colors when I bought mine lol

13. adyap

adyap Member

andersg

I think you made a better decision on buying a white iPod nano. I have a black one and it is easily stained with my fingers and scratches faster too. I have to buy thin plastic cover immediately to protect it.

I am satisfied with it's performance though but wish it has FM radio built-in as 4GB is just not enough for me.

Maybe somebody can advise me on 60GB iPod or Cowon iAudio x5?

14. andersg

andersg Regular member

Does this mean that the 4gb iPod Nano has a built in radio?

15. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

No the Nano doesn't have any FM capibilities

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

Anybody heard anything good/bad about the Motorola ROKR phone? I am thinking about getting one and bring back my iPod