1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod or Nomad Jukebox Zen???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by erik1213, Nov 13, 2004.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

Which mp3 player should i buy; an Apple iPod or a Creative Jukebox Nomad Zen Touch or a Creative Jukebox Nomad Zen Xtra?

I'm trying to decide and at first i really like the Zen Touch, but after reading some review i've read that there are some slight problems(it freezes, the touch pad is hard to handle...), then i moved on to the zen xtra, and i like that one a lot. But is it worth it to spend a little more money and get and iPod?

I've never really been a fan of the iPod for the fact that it's so expensive and there are other cheaper alternatives. But now I'm starting to think maybe since i'm gonna spend that much money anyway i should spend a little more on an iPod knowing that i will like it and it will work.

Please help!!!
    Thank You!!!

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

3. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

Yea i've looked at the dell but didn't quite know what features it had. But now I do, and i like it. I think I'm probably going to buy it. I just want to see what other people have to say first, and also wait to see if my some strange chance the ipod is on sale next week at best buy or some place.

Thank You!

4. GuRuGeek

GuRuGeek Member

I have a Dell Dj and got my free ipod just recently in the mail.. and ipod is soo much better.. Always go with the best.. Ipod is the best. i guess i like it more while i didnt pay for it..

I know spamming isnt allowed so i wont spam my links.. but you can pm if your intersted.

5. WHT2

WHT2 Guest

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2004
  6. CJC

CJC Regular member

I wouldnt go with an Ipod if you gave me one.

Why do you think people are giving them away for free ? cause nobody wants them :p

I would go for the Creative Jukebox Nomad Zen Xtra, its a nice player.

CJC

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@WHT2

Take that link out of your sig immediately.

8. punx777

punx777 Regular member

ipods are pretty pricy..... (gulp)

9. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

And unless you're a hardcore 24/7 music listener, it has way too many GBs for you to carry around =P

10. punx777

punx777 Regular member

yeah i have a 20 gig rca (dont buy it, shitty battary life and no car adapter or anything) and i AT MOST use 2 gigs worth, thats roughy 1100 songs

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Creative Zen all the way. Trouble is, i think colours are more limited at the moment for the zen, so if that bothers you, ipod. But the Zen does much more than the ipod, lasts 50% longer per charge, allows a second battery plus costs less than the ipod. My brother will be getting one soon because its so much better than the ipod.

12. punx777

punx777 Regular member

how much are the creatives? does it come with a second battary or is that somethign you have to buy extra?? does it come wiht a car adapter? im thinkin about buyin a new one once i get a job:)

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think you have to buy an extra battery for it but you can do that unlike an ipod. I've seen Zen Micros around for about £165 in the UK, not sure about US.