1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Shuffel Help - Complete Noob - Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by uji2b1k, Apr 7, 2007.

1. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

I have a 1GB 1st Gen Ipod Shuffle that was given to me from my friend.He said he didn't know if it worked or not but he got a new one so he didn't need this one. So I go home , download itunes and install it. I put in the shuffle and to my surprise the computer reads it. I open up itunes and send two songs that are from the sample music folder in windows , the music then gets transferred. I left my ipod on charge overnight and I wake up this morning and the light is green. I then took it out of my laptops usb port and turned it on. Here's the problem ......there is nothing when I turned it on , no light , no sign of it even being on....To tell you the truth i've never had a shuffel and I didn't even know how to turn it on , I then found some headphones , put them in the shuffle and I get nothing. I can listen to my ipod's music on the laptop , i can charge it, the computer reads it , but yet there is no sign of any power when I turn it on. When I turn it over to the back....there is green showing.....so it should be on......but yet I get nothing.......I also updated the software through itunes with no problems and I can use the shuffel as a flash drive but that would not help.I have also use the restore utiltiy, did nothing. I'm hoping there's something I can do. Thanks

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

To turn it on, you flip the switch in the back from off to either of the icons.

3. liban15

liban15 Member

i got an ipod shuffle 512mb 1st generation but i can't get it to work.
    no music plays and i can't hear anything. can anyone help please. thx